Last updated: February 4, 2019
This Policy describes the following:
- What information we collect and how it is collected;
- How we use the information;
- With whom we may share information;
- Legal basis for processing the information;
- Your rights and choices;
- Security and storage of the information;
- Third party websites; and
- Changes to the Policy and Contact Information.
Throughout this document, we will use a few terms to describe various roles. Wooclap Users are people using the service we provide in some capacity. They can be further classified into two categories: Wooclap Creators who create content on Wooclap and animate events, and Wooclap Participants who participate in events created by Wooclap Creators.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Platform. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources.
In order to help you protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to provide only that information that is necessary for using our Platform. For example, to participate in an event, you may not necessarily need to provide us with a name / email address.
Wooclap is not intended for children under the age of 16, and therefore, we do not knowingly acquire or receive Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 16, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our account database and will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
Information You Provide Voluntarily
- Contact data. When you create an account on Wooclap, you provide us with some information to contact you such as an email address, a first name and a last name. In certain cases, you may also choose to share your phone number for support purposes. If you participate in an event, you may also need to provide an email address if you wish to receive your customized report at the end of the event. If you participate via text message, our third-party SMS processor (Twilio) may also receive your phone number, but we never store it on our servers.
- Content data. This includes any content that you create or upload on Wooclap such as polls (title, choices, …), presentations and questionnaires. As a participant, this corresponds to the information you send such as your answers or messages.
- Billing data. If you purchase a premium version of Wooclap, our third-party payment processor (Stripe) will collect and store your billing address and credit card information. We only store the last four digits of your credit card number, card type and the expiration date, and your billing address information.
- Profile data. Wooclap Users may give us permission to access their information in other services. For example, with your consent, you may link your Wooclap account with your Google, Facebook or LinkedIn account, or other similar service, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your basic profile or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you use Wooclap, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices below), we use third party service providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and user interactions services to Wooclap in connection with our operation of our Platform, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors Wooclap. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’, Hotjar’s and Mixpanel’s cookies using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide the Wooclap Service. We will use your information to provide our Platform and services to you; to facilitate interactivity between Wooclap Creators and Wooclap Participants; to manage your account; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the billing history to you on your billing page in the platform, and to perform internal financial processes, such as looking at the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the service is working properly. We will also email you if an event report becomes available. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Wooclap or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the Your Rights and Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offering and other important service related notices, such as changes to the Policy or about security or fraud notices.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites. See Your Rights and Choices below.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. We will use your information to protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of our users and any other person, as well as to enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
With Whom We May Share Your Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share information we collect about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We require our Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business Transfers. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. In such transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if we sell or transfer a business unit or assets to another company, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use your personal information as described in this Policy subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com or fill out this simple form. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Please see Your Rights and Choices below for more information on opt-outs.
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use the personal information of Wooclap Users, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide our Platform and services and to improve our services and the content on our Platform. We process information on behalf of our customers who have legitimate interests in operating their businesses. We may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
- Account. In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact and billing information, via your account settings page. You may also contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using our live chat widget (Intercom) the address set forth at the end of this Policy, or you may fill out this simple form. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Cookies. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Here, you may find instructions for your browser: https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/.
- Third Party Analytics Services. Some of the services used provide the ability to opt-out. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’, Hotjar’s and Mixpanel’s services using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
- The Google Analytics service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out from Google Analytics service from using your information by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser tool: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: www.google.com/policies/privacy.
- Additional Rights. Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance. However, Google Analytics’, Hotjar’s and Mixpanel’s services do honor this signal.
In order to comply with the provisions set forth by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we require our subprocessor to have in place a Data Processing Agreement with us. Here is a table summarizing our subprocessors as defined in GDPR.
|Ably Real-Time Ltd||Realtime||Yes||United Kingdom||https://www.ably.io/privacy|
|AdRoll Advertising Ltd||Advertising||Yes||Ireland||https://www.adrollgroup.com/privacy|
|Amazon Web Services Inc||Infrastructure||Yes||United States||https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy/|
|Google LLC||Analytics||Yes||United States||https://policies.google.com/privacy/|
|Google LLC||Communication Calendar Support Virtual workspace||Yes||United States||https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en|
|Intercom Inc||Chat support||Yes||United States||https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy|
|Mixpanel Inc||Analytics||Yes||United States||https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/|
|New Relic Inc||Server monitoring||Yes||United States||https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy|
|Functional Software Inc||Debugging||Yes||United States||https://sentry.io/privacy/#eu-us-privacy-shield|
|Microsoft Corporation||Demo Support||Yes||United States||https://www.skype.com/en/legal/|
|Slack Technologies Inc||Internal communication||Yes||United States||https://slack.com/privacy-policy|
|Stripe Inc||Payment processing||Yes||United States||https://stripe.com/be/privacy|
|Teamleader SA||Accounting CRM||N/A||Belgium||https://www.teamleader.eu/privacy|
|Trello Inc||Support||Yes||United States||https://trello.com/privacy|
|Twilio Inc||SMS Provider||Yes||United States||https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy|
|Zapier Inc||Automation for demo||Yes||United States||https://zapier.com/privacy/|
Security and Storage of Information
We have taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information we collect such as using SSL encryption everywhere. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information in all circumstances.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites and applications. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications.
Changes to the Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes, including any material changes, on this page, so please be sure to check back periodically. If you continue to use Wooclap after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised Policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address: 4 Rue des Pères Blancs, 1040 Etterbeek, Belgium.