The ULB in figures
- 13 faculties, schools and specialized institutes that cover all the fields of study with strong academic input and research;
- 40 undergraduate programmes and 235 graduate programmes;
- Partnership with 20 Doctoral schools;
- Almost 1,600 PhD in progress;
- More than 25,000 students.
They’ve chosen Wooclap
After trying out different tools for months and at the requests of many professors, the ULB has decided to integrate the web solution Wooclap in the whole institution.
Wooclap makes classes more interactive by allowing students to answer questions by smartphone, tablet, or computer. This web solution also enables professors to measure and visualise their students’ comprehension in real time.
Libérat Ntibashirakandi, techno-educational advisor at the ULB, explains :
“From the pilot study, we have learned that Wooclap offers a very complete and intuitive platform with some unique features, such as:
- Inclusion of images inside the questions and propositions;
- PowerPoint and PDF integration;
- Works by text message and/or through the web (if you have a WiFi connection);
- Compatibility with LaTeX to write down mathematical formulas;
- Compatibility with Moodle;
- Competition mode that stimulates student participation;
- Comparison mode to measure progress of a class during the year.”
Georges CASIMIR, Professor of Medicine at ULB, shares his experience using Wooclap regularly during his classes:
“Wooclap is very user-friendly_, flexible, and perfectly adapted to educational needs. The solution is quick to use, even when one does not have much time, and optimizes interaction within the classroom.
By asking similar questions regularly, often phrased in a different way, it is easy to see how the class progresses regarding the level of skills expected.
The importance of interaction during my classes has increased and it allows me to assess my students’ knowledge even more, both in terms of quantity and quality.
I cannot give lectures without Wooclap anymore.”_
Curious about the international dimension of ULB, find out more about Housing Anywhere!